6 tax matters indie authors should consider

Once you’ve set up your self-publishing business – and especially if you expand it to be more than just an author collecting royalties – you’ll have to file additional tax forms beyond the 1040. The good news is you also qualify for some tax deductions, such as your home office and vehicle use. Let’s examine some of the aspects of business taxes that you should consider once you’ve published:
• Tax forms self-published authors must file 
• Why self-published authors must keep records 
• Writers can deduct home office space on taxes 
• Deduct start-up costs on Federal income taxes 
• Indie writers also can use depreciation on taxes 
• Indie authors can deduct vehicle expenses