An affordable, professional editor for more than 25 years, I’ll deliver a thorough edit of your manuscript. I’m the author of several published books as well as short stories, hold a Master’s degree in English and a Bachelor’s in journalism, am a long-time writing teacher, and am an award-winning publications editor and writer. Well over a hundred of my clients – many from the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area – have gone on to publish their books.
• Fiction (novels, short stories; all genres; Chicago Manual of Style)
• Nonfiction manuscripts (all topics; spiritual works particularly welcomed)
• Query letters and synopses for book proposals
• Dissertations and academic papers (broad range of subjects; APA, MLA styles)
• Admission essays
• Business plans, documents, brochures/fliers, catalogs
• Website text, blog posts
• Poetry collections, chapbooks
My editing services include:
• Proofreading – Editing for spelling, punctuation, capitalization and grammar
• Copy editing – Editing of mature manuscripts close to being published
• Substantive edit – Editing of an early draft of your manuscript
• Developmental editing – Guidance through the writing process
• Self-publishing – Formatting, uploading, writing back cover blurb/author bio
I DO NOT WRITE ESSAYS OR OTHER MATERIALS (except for book blurbs/bios).
Learn more about me and my writer-friendly rates at my website or email your manuscript’s word count for a price quote and estimate of turnaround time. Payment is accepted through safe and secure PayPal; references available upon request.